As a P-PS you will become an expert in the following:
- short-term and long-term planning, peaking and regeneration.
- design of microcycles, macrocycles and annual plans. Altering energy systems to meet your client’s needs.
- designing programs for the preparatory, competitive and transition phases.
- quantifying training for optimal physiological response.
- interrelating physical, technical and tactical training.
- breaking down the physiological requirements of a sport or movement and creating the appropriate training methods to maximize adaptation.
Prerequisites for P-PS Certification:
Personal trainer certification (ie.A.C.E. / C.P.T.N./Can Fit Pro etc.) Professional liability. Note: Professional experience may be sufficient. Provide a detailed summary of your experiences.
Periodization: Theory and Methodology of Training by Dr. Tudor Bompa
Periodization Training for Sports by Dr. Tudor Bompa